Friday, November 28, 2008

Which bank?

I got to my local bank branch, explained to the customer service person that I was there to pick up a bank cheque for the final progress payment on my home loan, which should have been pre-arranged .....and was greeted by blank looks.

OK, last straw! I completely lost it. Through gritted teeth and with raised voice, I told them exactly what I thought of their crappy treatment of their customers and that they'd better sort it out, pronto! I must have looked pretty scary, because everyone took a BIG step backwards.

I suddenly had three people serving me, all running around making phone calls, looking up stuff on the computers and trying to prevent the crazy lady from screaming and scaring the other customers....

What should have taken 5 minutes actually took half an hour to sort out, but eventually, I walked out of there with my cheque in hand. I pity the poor bloke who drew the short sttaw and got to serve me this morning, but that's one of the hazards of working for the Dark Side. I hope they pay him well.

We'll be seriously reviewing our banking arrangements in the New Year. I owe them nothing....


Edit: Actually I owe them rather a lot of $$. But you know what I mean.

No comments: