My family room re-do mission is going slowly, but I am making some progress. So far, I've collected a few items, amongst them...
1. A mirror with a mirrored frame. It's similar to this, but I did NOT pay over 2000 pounds for it, which is the price tag on this one:
I'd been pricing large silver framed mirrors, both online and in numerous shops and they ranged from $250 to the ridiculous price above. Then, when I was shopping for something entirely different, I spotted mine in Lincraft. It was a reasonable-ish $140, but thanks to a special they were running, was marked down to $90. My ideas of scouring op shops for a suitable frame, painting it silver and getting a mirror cut to fit were immediately discarded and I grabbed that baby off the shelf faster than you could blink.
2. A couple of these faux leather cushions, also from Lincraft. THESE were the reason I was in the shop, after I spotted them advertised for $9.99:
3. My potted palm... which I've shown before. That cost me about $40 for pot and plant.
I'm going to add some styrofoam pellets topped with pebbles to hide the black plastic inner pot.
4. Some vintage botanical prints. Well, freebie downloads anyway. I'll have to choose which four I want to use, get them printed to the right size and grab some frames from K Mart or a $2 Shop or somewhere.
5. A few decorative odds and ends. These, I mostly already had, but I spotted this silver lantern for $9.95 the other day, and plan to grab one in the next couple of days:
I still need one of these:
There seem to be plenty around, but I'm not paying $700 for one. It has to be chocolate, but can be real or faux leather; I'm not fussy. And I prefer one with legs.
I also need something like this to use as a side table, which is going to be much harder than finding an ottoman:
These only come as a set of three, and the price is a bit steep, so I'm still looking (pleeeease help me out, eBay!).
I need to scour all the furniture shops in my area this week while I'm on leave. I'm also planning an expedition to a few fabric places, since I can't seem to find any cushion covers that are remotely like what I want. And the lamp? I decided I didn't like the op shop offering after all, so I'm still sans lamp. I may just go buy one from Freedom after all. ;)
The couch fund is slowly growing. I may be able to think about ordering the thing after Christmas. Fingers crossed.
Oh, and here's my inspiration board again, just to show you I'm on the right track...