Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holy cow!

Look at this growth!

November 22nd:



Yesterday:



In other news, I discovered that we have a community garden nearby - walking distance, in fact. I went on a fact-finding expedition this morning, only to be foiled by locked gates, so I'll be making a phone call Monday to find out if we can rent a garden bed to grow our own veggies.

We really don't have much room here, and we miss our old veggie garden. We used to grow tomatoes, several varieties of lettuce, cucumbers, snow peas, chillies, and various herbs, among other things. While I've managed to fit in a few fruit trees here, I'd love to have access to the orchard that's apparently been planted for neighbourhood use.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I love cannas, once they get started growing they grow like bamaboo, they spread all over, but they are are pretty.