Sunday, December 4, 2011

Patience brings rewards

Some of the ugliest plants produce some of the most spectacular flowers.


I don't know the name of this prickly little bugger, but it produces a number of tall pink blooms at this time of year, which are truly beautiful and have a sweet scent to boot. Unfortunately, each flower only blooms for a day, so the beauty is short-lived.



Today I stepped outside to bring the washing in and just happened to glance in the opposite direction from the clothesline as I closed the door behind me. I caught a glimpse of pale pink and discovered three flowers in full bloom that were definitely not there yesterday.



There are still a few buds waiting to open, but by the look of them, they'll all be in full bloom tomorrow.


Then it'll be another twelve months before I have the pleasure of these amazing flowers blooming outside my back door.



2 comments:

Mimi said...

Gorgeous! Mimi xx

Kek said...

They really are beautiful...such a long wait between flowerings though.