Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bars, buying and bidding

Bike Boy has a biiiiiig project going on at the moment. Somebody has a significant birthday coming up very soon, and there's a party planned. And what does every outdoor entertaining area need for parties? Why, an outdoor bar, of course!

I'm telling you, this thing is the mother of all bars. I'm about to go sand and seal the countertop, which is my only contribution to the project - apparently this is a MAN job! Then there's a beer tap and a stainless steel splashback to be installed and some finishing touches to do, and voila! Hopefully tomorrow evening we'll be giving it a test run. I'll post photos when it's all done.

In other news, I think I may have found my couch for the family room. Hallelujah! I was browsing around Nick Scali yesterday and they've slashed all their leather lounge suite prices. I was going to go for fabric, but I figure that if I can get leather for $1,000 off the normal price, I'd be crazy not to.

If I can get that thing in place, I can finally add all my other bits and have the room looking half-decent. I'm also bidding on something on eBay that would be perfect as a side table, so cross your fingers and toes for me...

:)

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Kek just a tip for you, try using www.esnipe.com to place your bid on ebay for the side table you are hoping to win. esnipe place the bid for you in the last seconds of it closing, that way you may have a better chance of winning. Good luck with it all.

Kek said...

Thanks Lorraine, I'm all over it... I have my sniper bid queued up, so hopefully that baby will be mine very soon! :)

Lorraine said...

Have everything crossed for you Kek. Best part is you don't have to sit waiting at the computer, esnipe do everything for you. Cannot wait to see if you WIN......oh hang on yes you will! :-) xox

Lorraine said...

How did the bid go Kek? I really do hope you have won the side table.
Have a fantastic day. :-) xox