After getting the outdoor furniture all ship-shape, I remembered that my old garden bench was down the back, all forlorn and neglected. So I decided that today was the day to tackle that job.
I dragged it around to outside the al fresco room, where I had a bit of space (and a power point) and .....uh-oh:
Hmm, not looking too flash.
Not to worry, we have the technology! A quick rummage in the garage and I was armed with a hammer, some glue, the cordless drill and some screws that looked like they'd do the job. They're probably completely wrong for this project, and no doubt Bike Boy will have to re-do my repairs, but when I make up my mind to do something, small details don't stop me.
Next was a quick sand, then I hit it with the outdoor furniture oil. A second coat a couple of hours later, and voila:
The colour is much darker than the photo shows. Stupid sun decided to disappear just as I took it...
Anyway, some new cushions and it'll be ready for a test run on the weekend.