Saturday, September 12, 2009

Growth!

Check out the comparison between March (or was it late Feb?) and September 2009:







It's great to see a bit of progress somewhere ....hopefully, some Spring growth will push things along a bit faster, but I'm pleased with the progress in just over six months. The only disappointments are the Strelizias (Bird of Paradise). I think the ones planted against the house don't get enough rain, and the one near the letterbox is a bit peeved at the frost and wind. I'll let them go over Summer and if they don't perform, they're gone.

I actually did a bit more planting in the front garden today. Moved a Magnolia "Little Gem" and added it to the row along the side boundary, planted a group of small groundcovers (forget the name and can't be bothered going out to check) in a blank spot and added some liriopes to another vacant spot.

Tomorrow we have a six-foot weeping mulberry tree to plant.

Fun!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Look forward to seeing a pic at the end of Summer. Growth over winter has been good. I think I'll need to mow our front lawn soon, I've noticed over the past week that it's finally grown.